What all you will learn
- Colour mixing and matching in almost all mediums- watercolor, oil, acrylic, pastels, coloured pencils, gouache etc.
- the color palette combinations
- Introduction to common painting media like watercolor, oil, acrylic, soft pastels, gouache, poster color, fabric color etc.
- Reading the paint tubes to know the properties of paints and decide what you should buy and where to use.
- Color Theory
- Color Psychology
- Color Perspective – creating depth in paintings
- Plein Air Technique- landscape and other environmental painting color usage.
- Colors for Background, midground and foreground.
- Study on ancient and contemporary paintings focused at color application knowledge.
- Creating moods using paintings
Basic Art Materials required List
Lecture videos, Demos and Assignments
- Lecture 1
- Lecture 2
- Lecture 3
- Lecture 4
- Lecture 5
- Lecture 6
- Lecture 7
- Lecture 8
- Lecture 9
- Lecture 10 [color mixing, Art materials, Painting interpretation and color composition]
- Lecture 11 [color mixing and matching & color psychology – yellow and green]
- Lecture 12 [Colour mixing and matching, steps (layers) in oil and acrylic paintings]
- Lecture 13 [colour Psychology]
- All Lecture Class notes pdf